Apostille for Hong kong—Apostille hong kong
Hong Kong is a member of the Hague Nation and Apostille for Hong Kong is enough to prove that the Document is Genuine
What does Attestation mean in simple terms?
Attestation means getting the document/certificate stamped and signed by the authorities. They verify all the details that are written on the certificate and then give their stamp. Once the authorities sign and give a stamp to the document then the certificate is considered legal. All the information written is believed as true and correct.
In short, attestation is the legalization of the document by getting stamped and signed by various authorities. The authorities that are involved in the apostille process are the Notary, State/Sub Divisional Magistrate , Ministry of External Affairs , and Embassy . The procedure changes with the country and type of document.
Why a person should have Apostille for Hong Kong?
There are many reasons a person should have an apostille for Hong Kong. These are as follows:
- A person who is going abroad for a work visa, study visa, or permanent resident visa must have a birth certificate apostille with themself.
- In case, the individual is planning to get a dependent visa then a marriage certificate apostille is essential.
- For a work visa, the applicant should get a police clearance certificate.
- A single status certificate apostille is important to get the marriage registered in a foreign country.
- For a study visa, a person should get the degree certificate apostille.
Go to Apostille Process Directly
What steps are needed to perform to get the Attestation for Hong Kong?
The steps that are needed to perform for the attestation for Hong Kong documents are mentioned below:
- Notary Attestation: This is the first step of the attestation process. Here the document is shown at the notary where all the information is verified. After completion of the verification process, the document is successfully stamped and signed by the notary.
- State/Sub Divisional Magistrate: In this, the document is either sent to Sub Divisional Magistrate or to the State attestation. In the case of the State, the document is verified by the Secretariat of the district.
- Ministry of External Affairs: After the successful completion of the SDM or State attestation. The certificate is sent to the Ministry of External Affairs for attestation. In this, the information is checked carefully. Further, the document is signed and stamped by the MEA once the information is considered accurate. This step tells the foreign country that all the information that is written on the certificate is genuine and correct.
- Embassy Attestation: This is the last step and is only for the countries that are not a part of the Hague nation. In Embassy attestation, a fee is charged that depends on the country where you are traveling. The embassy checks the single status certificate and all other certificates that are attached to it and are sealed and stamped while considering it legal and valid.
What documents a person should have to get the Apostille for Hong Kong?
A person should have all the mentioned documents to get the Apostille for Hong Kong. Ensure that these documents are in good condition. The documents are as follows:
Minor Document/Supporting Documents
- The document that the person wants to attest(Birth Certificate/Degree Certificate/ PCC/Marriage Certificate/Single Status Certificate).
- Passport copy (the first and last page)
- Aadhar Card Photostat
- Passport-size photograph
- License photostat
Does a person need an Apostille Stamp for Hong Kong and not the Hong Kong Embassy Attestation?
As Hong Kong is one of the members of the Hague Convention so a person does not need a Hong Kong Embassy attestation. A person can get an apostille stamp from the Ministry of External Affairs and complete the apostille process.
What details are added in the apostille certificate?
Indian Apostille is a sticker that is issued by MEA and placed on the backside of documents. The sticker is square in shape. On this Apostille sticker, an individual will see that the line “Convention de La Haye du 5 October 1961” is written under Apostille. In English, it implies the Hague Convention of 5th October 1961.
- The sticker length is around 9 centimeters.
- An apostille stamp is a special sticker that is generated electronically through a computer.
- The apostille stamp includes a government seal abs is also registered and stamped.
- An apostille sticker has a unique/specific code. The code implies the authority and legitimacy of information that is given in that document.
- The Ministry of External Affairs(MEA) has the authority and it places the sticker on the document after verification.
The details that a person can see in an apostille certificate is as follows:
- Certificate No: A unique number is added
- Certificate issued Date: 00/00/0000 date and time are added
- Account Reference: ALPHA CODE
- Unique Doc. Reference: ALPHANUMERIC
- Purchased by: NAME
- Description of Document: ARTICLE 4 AFFIDAVIT
- Description: AFFIDAVIT
- Consideration Price (Rs.): ZERO
- First Party: NAME OF PERSON
- Second Party: N/A
- Stamp Duty Paid By: NAME OF PERSON
- Stamp Duty Amount(Rs.): AMOUNT
What charges a person has to pay for the Birth certificate apostille for Hong Kong and PCC apostille for Hong Kong? Are the charges the same for both?
A person has to pay many different charges to get the Birth certificate apostille for Hong Kong. The charges depend on the number of documents, type of document, fees that are paid to the authorities, and also the charges are taken by the apostille service provider.
Is the validity of the Single Status Certificate apostille for Hong Kong different from the marriage certificate apostille for Hong Kong?
The validity of both the single status certificate apostille for Hong Kong and the marriage certificate apostille is 6 months. However, there are some countries that accept an apostille certificate that is more than 6 months old. So, it is better to contact an apostille service provider to know about the validity of the Single Status Certificate apostille and the marriage certificate apostille for Hong Kong.
Can an individual get the apostille for Hong Kong done in 15 days?
A person can get an apostille for Hong Kong completed in around 7 to 10 days in most cases. But the time duration might extend in case of any uncertainty or if there is a rush at the authorities. To know the exact time period for the document, Register for Apostille to get Complete information on Apostille.