Process to get MEA Apostille for Belgium
Belgium is a member of the Hague Nation and Apostille is enough to prove that the Document is Genuine
What is Apostille for Belgium Mean?
Apostille for Belgium mean getting the document/certificate stamped and signed by the authorities to get in and use your documents in Belgium. They verify all the details that are written on the certificate and then give their stamp. Once the authorities sign and give a stamp to the document then the certificate is considered legal. All the information written is believed as true and correct.
So, in short, apostille attestation is the legalization of the document by getting stamped and signed by several authorities. The authorities that are involved in the apostille process are the Notary, State/Sub Divisional Magistrate, Ministry of External Affairs, and Embassy.
Explain the apostille stamp and its characteristics.
The apostille stamp is a square-shaped sticker placed on the document’s backside by the MEA. This sticker helps the foreign country to study the details that are provided.
- Approximately 9 centimeters is the length of the sticker.
- An apostille stamp is generated electronically through a computer.
- The apostille stamp has a government seal, registered, dated, and numbered.
- A specific code is there on the apostille sticker that tells about the authority and legitimacy of information given in that particular document.
- The Ministry of Economic Affairs sanctions the apostille given to the(MEA).
Go to Apostille Process Directly
Why an individual should have Apostille for Belgium?
There are some reasons that make it necessary for a person to have an apostille for Belgium. Some of them are listed below:
- To get the dependent visa it is necessary that the person should have a marriage certificate with themself.
- If a person wants to get a work visa then they should have a Police Clearance Certificate.
- In case a person is to get married in a foreign country then a single status certificate apostille is essential.
- A birth certificate is needed if a person wants to apply for a study visa, or permanent resident visa.
What documents a person should have to get the Apostille for Belgium?
What procedure an individual should follow to get the Birth certificate apostille for Belgium?
The birth certificate apostille for Belgium is done in some steps. Let’s have a quick look:
- Notary Attestation
- Sub Divisional Magistrate(SDM) Attestation/ State Attestation.
- Ministry of External Affairs
Let us study all of them in detail:
For the first step the certificate is sent for a notary attestation. In this step, the notary checks the documents carefully. After checking the notary stamp and signing that document.
Sub Divisional Magistrate(SDM) Attestation/ State Attestation:
In this step, the document is either sent to Sub Divisional Magistrate(SDM) or to the State Attestation. The attestation at the state level is done by the Secretariat of the district. The process of state attestation is a long process and it usually takes 21 to 28 days. Whereas, Sub Divisional Magistrate(SDM) is the fastest way to get the attestation done. In most cases, it does not take more than 3 to 5 working days.
Ministry of External Affairs:
Further the document is sent for the stamp and signature to the Ministry of External Affairs. Here the document is verified thoroughly as this is the last step for the Hague Nations. Once the document is stamped by MEA it is considered legal and can be used in any country.
Is the above-mentioned procedure the same for the PCC apostille for Belgium?
The steps that are mentioned above are followed exactly the same for the PCC apostille for Belgium. To get the PCC apostille for Belgium a person has to first get the signature from the notary. Then, the document is sent either to SDM or State for attestation. Lastly, for Hague Nations, the documents get an apostille stamp from the Ministry of External Affairs.
However, if the country is not a member of the Hague Nation, then the person needs to get the fourth step which is Embassy Attestation.
Fees and documents are submitted to the embassy for attestation in this step. The documents are sealed and stamped by the embassy once they have verified the document carefully. This is the final step for the country not a member of the Hague Nation.
What details are written on the single status certificate apostille?
Information that a person will be seen on the single status certificate apostille:
- Certificate No: A unique number is added
- Certificate issued Date: 00/00/0000 date and time are added
- Account Reference: ALPHA CODE
- Unique Doc. Reference: ALPHANUMERIC
- Purchased by: NAME
- Description of Document: ARTICLE 4 AFFIDAVIT
- Description: AFFIDAVIT
- Consideration Price (Rs.): ZERO
- First Party: NAME OF PERSON
- Second Party: N/A
- Stamp Duty Paid By: NAME OF PERSON
- Stamp Duty Amount(Rs.): AMOUNT
What are the charges a person has to pay for the marriage certificate apostille for Belgium?
The cost that a person has to pay for a marriage certificate apostille for Belgium depends on multiple factors such as:
- The number of documents
- The type of document
- The country for which the documents are getting apostilled
- The fees charged by the apostille service provides
- The charges paid by several authorities
What is the time that is actually taken for the apostille for Belgium?
There is no fixed time that is actually taken for the apostille for Belgium. The time depends on the country where the person has applied. Moreover, time also changes if the document is more in number. There are a lot of authorities that are involved so in case the documents are, the time may increase. Generally, it takes 7-10 days for the complete process but it may change due to uncertainties. Register for apostille to get complete information on apostille for belgium.
What factors to consider while choosing an apostille service?
There are many factors that a person should consider while selecting the apostille service. The first one is it should be safe, as all the documents that are to be shared with the apostille service provider are original so ensure that the apostille service is reliable and taken care. Do not select a service provider who has a lack knowledge as it might waste your precious time.