Apostille for Britain | Hague Convention | Embassy Attestation
Britain is a member of the Hague Nation and Apostille is enough to prove that the Document is Genuine
What is apostille in simple terms?
Apostille came in 1961 when all the countries came together and found a way to make the process of checking documents uncomplicated and faster. At that time all the countries that agreed on the Hague Convention became a part of the Hague nations.
Apostille is a way that is used to change a simple certificate into a legal certificate that is proven real. Once the document is sealed and stamped by the below-mentioned authorities, the foreign authorities accept the document without thinking that the document is fake or that the information/details that are written in the document are fake.
Is it necessary for a person to get an apostille for Britain?
It is important for a person to have an apostille for Britain due to the following reasons:
- To legalize a normal certificate: The certificate when gets attested, then it is considered a lawful document. This lawful certificate tells that the certificate is thoroughly checked. There are some jobs that accept attested certificates. For all those jobs, attestation of a certificate is important.
- To use in a foreign country: The attested certificate is essential for use abroad. Foreign countries do not know whether the documents are real or fake. When the document is attested then they feel safe. Further, they come to know that these certificates are real and original.
- To get a visa to a specified country: To get the visa various documents are attested. The documents depend on the country where the visa is applied. The MEA attests to the documents that are to be sent to a foreign country. A sticker with a unique number is placed on the document. With this, the certificate can be checked online.
Compulsory for Hague nations: The documents such as personal, commercial, or educational are attested. The Hague countries have made the apostille sticker/stamp compulsory to add authenticity. This sticker and stamp help them to know that these are legalized documents. The apostille saves the time of a person and country.
Go to Apostille Process Directly
Go to Apostille Process Directly
What documents an individual should carry with them to get the attestation for Britain?
A person should take all the mentioned documents with themself to get the attestation for Britain. The documents are listed below:
- Front and last page photocopy of the passport
- A photocopy of the driving license
- An original document that the person wants to attest such as Degree Certificate
- Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Police Clearance Certificate, Single Status Certificate
Steps that are important to follow for the apostille for Britain
A few steps are important for a person to follow to get the apostille for Britain. The steps are as follows:
- Notary Attestation: This is the beginning step, in this the document is shown to the notary. Once the notary tally all the details with other documents, the notary puts a stamp on the document considering it is accurate
- Sub Divisional Magistrate Attestation/State Attestation: Further, the document is sent to either of the above-given authorities. The work procedure of both the State and the SDM is the same. However, there is a difference in the time taken by each of them.
For State Attestation, it takes three to four weeks and sometimes more than that in case of any uncertainty. On the other hand, for Sub Divisional Magistrate the process of the entire attestation is completed in seven to ten days. So, it is better to choose SDM unless the country has specifically been told to have a State Attestation.
- Ministry of External Affairs: This is an important step for the attestation of a document. In this step, the document is checked thoroughly. After the verification of the documents. The Ministry of External Affairs signs and gives a stamp on the certificate and this makes the certificate legal and valid to use in other countries.
- Embassy Attestation: Not all certificates require this step. In this step, all the documents along with the supporting documents are preset in the Embassy. After examining all the details, the documents are signed and stamped by the Embassy for further use. A fee is also charged for the Embassy Attestation.
What is the validity of a PCC apostille for Britain?
PCC apostille has a validity of 6 months in general. However, there are a few countries that accept an apostille certificate that is more than 6 months old. So, register here to learn more about the apostille certificate.
Is the validity the same for the single status certificate apostille for Britain?
The validity of the single status certificate apostille for Britain and the PCC apostille for Britain is similar. Both certificates have a validity of 6 months.
What charges a person has to pay to get the birth certificate apostille for Britain?
There are some charges that a person has to pay to get the birth certificate apostille for Britain. The charges depend on the number of certificates, the type of certificate, the charges that are paid by several authorities, and lastly, the fees of the apostille service provider. To know the exact charges contact a trustworthy service provider. The provider will analyze the documents and then let the person know the exact charges.
Can I get the apostille for Britain in 10 days?
As there are many authorities involved in the apostille process. If the procedure is followed correctly then a person can easily get an apostille for Britain in 10 days. However, in case of some uncertainty, the time period might increase. So, choose the service provider who has complete knowledge about the procedure.
Is there any extra that a person has to follow for the countries that are not a part of the Hague Nations?
The countries that are not a part of the Hague Nations must perform an extra step. For them, there are in total 4 steps. The steps are as follows:
- Notary Attestation
- State/SDM Attestation
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Embassy Attestation.
An individual has to get an Embassy attestation done if the country is not a part of the Hague Nation.