Apostille for France
France is a member of the Hague Nation and Apostille is enough to prove that the Document is Genuine
France is the capital of the world in the fashion industry and a great Economic hub. It is famous for its historic buildings such as Eiffel tower, the Louvre and the Cathedral of Notre Dame. It is also land of Opportunity in fields of Electronics, Software, Textiles, Deep sea Engineering, Cheese production and wine production.
The Education System in France is outstanding and the literacy rate is about 99 percent. France has 17 Noble Laureates and some of the them are serving their nation by teaching the students in their world class Universities.
Because of these never ending opportunities, France attracts thousands of people to move in from all around the world every year.
So, for the people who are willing to work/to study/to run a business in France then the Government of France will ask them to produce required original document Apostilles and their translations which are in the French language.
What is an Apostille?
An Apostille is simply a certification of a Document issued by a legal or registered authority in a country to use it in the foreign country.
An Apostille is a stamp given to the Original Document by Ministry of External Affairs of a country to make it valid in foreign country.
In India, Every original document which is issued to a person belongs to any one of the 36 states and they are valid only within India. In order to use these ‘state issued documents’ outside India such as in France, the original document has to get Apostille stamp to prove that the Document is not fake.
A document which has Apostille stamp on it, is simply known as a Document Apostille.
A foreign country will consider that the document is genuine, only when it has Apostille Stamp on it.
Who has the Authority to Apostille the document?
In India, there is a Government arm which is called as MEA(Ministry of External Affairs) has the authority to put an Apostille stamp on original documents.
If you are an Indian who is planning to move to France then make sure that you get all the required document Apostilles and the translation of those Document Apostilles into French language. Because once you are there in France and then if you need an Apostille and its translation, you need to send the document back to India through a courier service which will be very costly and you will not be able to produce the document on time to the Government of France.
What happens if I submit the document which is not a Document Apostille?
When we submit a document which is not Apostilled to the Government of France then the Government will reject it straight away. An applicant should take care that the document which is going to be submitted is Apostilled or not.
Register to get Apostille for France
How to get a translation of a Document Apostille into French language?
Once MEA Apostillation for the Document is done, search for a legal and registered translator and ask for translation of a document Apostille into the French language.
Make sure that the translator you choose is the registered one. Because France has Zero Tolerance policy towards the Translation which is not done by the Registered Translator.
Register here to get translation into French language
THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APOSTILLE AND THEIR TRANSLATIONS ON DIFFERENT VISA ARE LISTED BELOW
- Travelling on Student Visa
The following Documents need to be Apostilled and Translated into French Language for a student who got admitted into a French University
- Travelling on work visa
The following documents needs to be Apostilled and Translated into French language if you are moving on Work Visa
- Travelling on dependent visa
If you are joining your family which lives in France then you need to get Apostille and Translation of the following Documents.
For child, Birth Certificate is enough
- Travelling to Establish a business
To open up a branch of your Business in France, get the Apostille and Translations of the following Original Documents.
- Travelling to get married
If you are marrying a person who is a French then you need to get Apostille and Translations of the following Documents.
- Single Status Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- PCC Certificate
- Decree Absolute/Divorce Decree (If you are a Divorcee)
- Death certificate of spouse/husband(if your life partner is dead)
The Process of getting a Document Apostille and its translation into French Language
- At first, the Original Document or Certificate which needs an Apostille should be Notarized by a legal Notary.
- After the notarization, the Original document will go to MEA either through the State Attestation or through SDM Attestation. Since Nation France is a member in the Hague Convention, the SDM attestation is Enough unless the documents are from the states Punjab/Haryana/Goa.
- Once MEA Apostillation is done, get the Translations of all the Document Apostilles into French language with help of a Registered Translator.
- You can go ahead to France, Once you get all the Document Apostilles and their translations into French language.
know more about the Apostille process
Can I send the Original Document to the MEA personally?
No, You can’t.
You need to find a legal, Registered Apostille Service Provider to send a Original Document to MEA for an Apostille.
Since 2012, the MEA has outsourced the process of collection and distribution of a Document apostille to private Enterprises. The Document which are sent personally to the MEA to get an Apostille will not considered.
Register to get Apostille for France
Validity of a Apostille
According to the rules of MEA, validity of any Apostille is only for six months. Once the Apostile is older than six months then you should get new Apostille from MEA.
How do we help with an Apostille for the France?
1. We check the correctness of the document and collect the passport copy and send it to MEA.
2. We specify the time of receiving the document and will deliver it on time.
3. By giving the document to us, you will avoid long queues to get MEA Apostille and get the documents delivered quickly. How quickly we deliver to you depends on the package you choose on our website.
4. We give tracking numbers to the document, so that you can track your document online at any given point of time.
Supporting documents needed to get Apostille from MEA
- Passport scan copy is required for name verification to get any kind of original document Apostille.
To get a marriage certificate Apostille particularly, passport scan copies of both husband and wife are required.
If you are a NRI then you need OCI(Overseas Citizen Of India) card along with passport scan copy to get a document Apostilled.
Register to get an Apostille
An Apostille contains following details in it: