Get Apostille for Russia in India
In 2001, Russia became a part of the Hague Convention 1967. Therefore, in order to enter Russia it is required to get your documents stamped with an apostille by MEA India. Obtaining an apostille for Russia can showcase how genuine and real your documents are to carry any work, educational, or business-related activity in Russia.
Go to Apostille Process Directly
Why We Need Attestation Before Entering Russia
Apostille attestation is a process of legalizing documents that can be used in foreign countries. An apostille is a computer-generated sticker/stamp that contains a unique identification number.
These are the Reasons to get Apostille Russia for Documents:
- If you have a job in Russia and you are applying for a Work Visa it is mandatory to submit your PCC (Police clearance Certificate), Degree certificate and Experience Letter with Apostille.
- If You are Trying to register your marriage in Russia or applying for a Russian dependent visa for your wife and kids you need to apostille Marriage certificate and birth certificate of all the candidates.
- As an Indian citizen if you are Marrying in Russia then you need to get an Apostille for Russia on your single status certificate.
- To open a branch or conduct any business in Russia you need to get an apostille for Russia on documents such as GST Certificate, Registration Certificate, AOA(Article of Association), and MOU(Memorandum of Understanding).
- To enroll in a Russian university for higher education it is mandatory for you to get an apostille on the documents such as Degree Certificate and Transcript.
Please note that these documents should be original and must not contain any foreign marks, stains, or labels, making every detail of your documents clear and readable.
Procedures for Getting Apostille For Russia for Personal Documents
There are 4 steps in getting document apostille for Russia
- Local Verification
- Notary Attestation
- SDM / State Attestation
- MEA Apostille
Local verification – Local verification is a process done at the place where the original document was issued. The type of document will determine how the local verification is carried out. For Instance –
- Educational documents – These documents will be verified by the School or University.
- Birth certificate – For birth certificates, the registration will be verified by the Birth Registrar.
- Divorce certificate – Divorce certificates are verified by the Court verification
- Death Certificate – Death certificates are verified by the registrar of birth and death.
- Marriage Certificate – The Marriage Registrar will verify the marriage certificate
Notary Attestation – Once the documents are verified locally, they are sent to the notary. The information in your documents will be analyzed carefully. If all the details given are correct then a stamp/signature will be placed on the documents.
SDM/State Attestation – There are two ways to get an MEA attestation on your personal documents, one is through State attestation and the other is through SDM attestation. In State attestation, the state body in which the documents are issued verifies the document’s authenticity. The state attestation can take up to 30 working days to complete as many government bodies are involved in the process.
Whereas, in SDM attestation the documents are submitted to the Sub Divisional Magistrate where the officials of SDM review every detail of your document. Unlike State attestation, the process of SDM attestation takes about 3-4 working days as fewer government bodies are involved in the procedure. Therefore, it’s always preferred to go for SDM attestation as it is a faster and cheaper method of document authentication than State attestation. Also, if you are seeking to visit countries that are members of the Hague Convention, then always consider going for the SDM authentication method.
Always remember that if you are planning to visit foreign countries on a Student Visa, then your educational documents will be verified by the Human Resources Department (HRD). You can select either State attestation or SDM attestation if you are submitting documents that are not educational.
It’s always better to talk to your Apostille helpline, they will guide you on which process you actually need.
MEA(Ministry of External Affairs) – In this last step, the MEA legalizes the document for foreign use by providing a stamp & sticker on the document. The MEA stamp will only be provided if all the information in the document is found right.
Since Russia is a part of the Hague Nation, embassy attestation is not required. Apostille from MEA is enough to enter Russia for work, education, or business purposes.
Procedures for Getting Apostille Russia for Commercial Documents
There are a total of 3 steps involved in the apostille of Commercial documents.
- Local Verification
- Attestation by Global Chamber of Commerce
- Apostille by MEA
Local Verification – Commercial documents including GST, Registration, AOA (Article of Association), and MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) will be verified by the Registrar of Companies.
Attestation by Global Chamber of Commerce – Global Chamber of Commerce is an organization that is associated with foreign trade, that checks every detail of commercial documents. After thorough checking, if the details are found to be valid then the Global Chamber of Commerce will place a stamp/signature on the document.
Apostille by MEA – This is the final step of the process where MEA (Ministry of External Affairs) legalizes commercial documents. After MEA attestation, a person can apply for a commercial visa to Russia.
How Much Time Does it Take to Get Apostille?
The time required to get an apostille for Russia depends on the type of documents and the number of documents submitted. Generally, it can take up to 3-14 Days or more for the apostille attestation process to complete. Additionally, if HRD (Human Resource Department) is involved then the whole process can take much longer time.
Q. Does Russia accept Apostille?
Yes, Russia accepts apostille as it comes under the Hague Convention. An apostille for Russia is a special stamp that shows the documents are verified and legal to use in Russia.
Q. How can I get Russia Hague Convention Apostille in India?
You can get Russia Hague Convention apostille by
- Register for Apostille here
- Submitting your documents
- Making online payment
Once the documents are apostilled, your documents will be returned to your address
Is an apostille necessary for a visa?
Yes, to apply for various types of visas such as work visa, study visa, or commercial visa you need an apostille on your documents. However, the documents required to get an apostille depend on the type of visa. For example –
- Work Visa: Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), Degree Certificate (Original), Experience Letter, etc.
- Commercial Visa: GST, Registration, AOA (Article of Association), and MOU (Memorandum of Understanding).
- Study Visa: Degree (Original), Transcript, Passport Photocopies, Aadhar Card, and Photocopy of the license.
Also, please note that for the apostille for Russia, we need Original documents and a scanned copy of your passport’s first and last information page
Is Russia in the Hague Convention?
Yes, Russia is a member of the Hague Convention. Therefore, in order to visit Russia for work or study purposes it is mandatory to get an apostille for Russia on your documents.
Why Choose Us?
At Apostilleservice.co.in, we offer streamlined assistance to individuals and businesses seeking to obtain an apostille for Russia. Our well-versed team of experts possesses in-depth knowledge of apostille requirements for Russia. Moreover, by implementing strict privacy and secure verification methods, we help you legalize your documents without compromising your personal information and confidential data.