Apostille Services In Delhi
What is apostille in simple terms?
An Apostille is getting a document authenticated with a signature and seal from the higher authority. The stamp is needed when a person wants to present documents in another country that is a part of the Hague Convention. For that it is a must to look for apostille services in Delhi.
As India is also one of the members of this convention so it is mandatory here that it needs an apostille stamp if the certificates are to be used in some other foreign country. So, hire an apostille services in Delhi that are genuine and authentic for document attestation.
For the apostille stamp, the MEA places a seal and stamp in India which indicates that the document is genuine and the information written in the document is accurate and authentic. The documents that might require an apostille stamp are listed below:
- Personal Documents: Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate, Birth Certificate, divorce certificate, single status certificate, etc
- Educational Documents: Degree certificate, diploma certificate, transcripts, school reports, SSC certificate, etc.
- Commercial Certificate: Export Invoice, Registration, COO, Trade Register, FSC, etc.
Go to Apostille Process Directly
Is it important to have an apostille stamp on the documents?
Yes, it is very important for a person to get an apostille stamp on the documents. Some of the reasons are explained below:
- For all the countries that are a member of the Hague Convention.
- To legalize a document it must have an apostille stamp on it.
- The stamp adds authenticity to the document.
- With the stamp, the foreign countries found all the details correct and real so it saves a lot of time reexamining the information which makes the entire procedure faster.
What are the documents that a person must have with them to get the document attestation?
The documents that are a must for the attestation are mentioned below. But make sure they all are in good condition as it might delay the attestation procedure:
- Major Documents
- The original certificate needs to be apostilled. This can be a birth certificate, marriage certificate, single status certificate, police clearance certificate, degree certificate, or any other personal/educational/commercial document.
- Supporting Documents
- Photocopy of License.
- Photocopy of the front and last page of the passport.
- Photocopy of Aadhar Card.
What are the steps that are followed by the apostille services in Delhi for the document attestation?
The steps that are performed by the Apostille services in Delhi are explained below in detail:
- Notary Attestation: The notary is the first step for the apostille. The documents are properly checked by the notary. When the certificates are found correct. The notary puts a stamp and signature on it.
- SDM/State Attestation: This is the second step after notary attestation. The working of both SDM and the State are exactly the same. The certificate is examined by the SDM or the State for attestation. After analyzing the document it is attested by either of the authorities.
- Ministry of External Affairs: This is the last step for the Hague countries that is done by the apostille services in Delhi. Being one of the essential steps for attestation. The certificates are thoroughly seen by the MEA. So, that they get ready to use in a foreign country, an apostille stamp is placed on the document. The apostille sticker is also put on the certificates. This sticker has a unique number that helps in checking the information online.
Is there any extra step performed by the apostille services in Delhi for the nations that are not a part of the Hague Convention?
Yes, there is an extra step that is performed by the apostille services in Delhi for all the countries that are not among the Hague Nation. Also, this step is done for the countries who have specifically asked for it. An individual has to get Embassy Attestation. So, let’s understand what is embassy attestation
Embassy Attestation: Here all the mentioned major and supporting documents are submitted. Along with that particular fees that are specified by the embassy are also given. This fee is not the same for all countries. It might be less for some and high for others.
Further, after submission, the embassy will check all the information carefully. When the details are found accurate then the authorities will place a stamp on the documents. With this, the attestation process is completed for the nations that are not a part of the Hague Convention.
What are the charges that are attached with the documents attestation by apostille services in Delhi?
There are several charges that a person has to pay for the attestation services. However, it might differ from one country to another or even from one state to another state. So, let’s see what are the charges. Firstly, the amount that is charged by the service provider varies with the number of documents. Further, there are some fees that are paid to the authority for the attestation of documents. Lastly, it also depends on any extra service taken such as home collection of documents or any other.
Does an apostille document has a validity of six months?
Usually, any document that has an apostille stamp on the document is valid for a period of only 6 months. But, there are a few cases where the country allows to use of a document with an apostille stamp that is more than 6 months or even a year old. So, to know about the exact validity of the apostille documents, the service provider needs to check the document as well as the country where it needs to be presented. Register for Apostille, for complete information about the validity of an apostille document.
Can a person go to the Ministry of External Affairs directly for the apostille or is it important to get apostille services in Delhi?
The answer is no, a person cannot go directly to the MEA for the apostille stamp on the documents. It is important to select apostille services in Delhi that is genuine and trustworthy for attestation as all the documents are original and need to be kept safely.
Moving ahead, any person was allowed till 2011. But in 2012, the MEA made it compulsory to get an apostille service for stamping. It might be due to the heavy rush at the authorities. So, contact an apostille service provider for the attestation of documents.