Apostille Services in Kolkata
Explain the apostille in simple words.
Being a French word, apostille means certification in simple words. If any document such as a single status certificate, power of attorney, or birth certificate is to be presented to the foreign country, then there is a need for an apostille stamp. But it is a complicated process. So, to get the best and most timely attestation, hire apostille services in Kolkata.
What are the details that are mentioned in a document?
The details that are mentioned in a document that has an apostille stamp are as follows:
- Certificate No: A special number is written
- Certificate issued Date: 21/21/2211(date and time)
- Account Reference: AN ALPHA CODE FOR REFERENCE
- Unique Doc. Reference: ALPHANUMERIC CODE
- Purchased by: APPLICANT NAME
- Description of Document: ARTICLE 4 AFFIDAVIT
- Description: AFFIDAVIT
- Consideration Price (Rs.): ZERO
- First Party: NAME OF PERSON
- Second Party: N/A
- Stamp Duty Paid By: NAME OF PERSON
- Stamp Duty Amount(Rs.): AMOUNT
Go to Apostille Process Directly
Which documents do apostille services in Kolkata demand from a person?
There are not many documents needed to get an apostille stamp. But make sure that all the documents that are demanded by the apostille services in Kolkata are in good condition. Moreover, all the information should be easily read. Let’s have a look at the documents:
What are the steps that are necessary to be followed by an apostille service in Kolkata to get the document attested?
There are three steps that are essential to be followed by an apostille service in Kolkata to get an apostille stamp on the document. Understand each and every step carefully, and to know more register for Apostille here. Let’s begin with the steps
- Notary Attestation: At first, the documents are presented to the notary. Here all the certificates and details are examined by them. After analyzing all the information, the notary places a signature on the document.
- State/SDM Attestation: Further, the documents can be submitted to any of the mentioned authorities. The SDM Attestation and the State Attestation follow a similar procedure. The documents will be firstly checked with them and when the provided details are found accurate then only a signature or a stamp is placed by the authorities.
- Ministry of External Affairs: Finally, the documents are presented to the Ministry of External Affairs. This is an extremely important step for the attestation of documents. All the information with utmost care is verified by the MEA. When there is zero error or the complete information is correct then the MEA places a stamp on the back of the document. The stamp has a unique number that assists the foreign country to check details online. With this, the attestation procedure is finished for all the Hague Nations.
Note: Any country that is not a member of the Hague Convention requires embassy attestation. Moreover, if any country has specifically asked then also the person has to get the documents attested from the Embassy. Here the documents along with fees are submitted. After all the verification, an apostille stamp is placed on the document.
Which agency is best for Apostille in India?
Does a person need to hire an apostille services in Kolkata for attestation?
Yes, it is essential for a person to hire apostille services in Kolkata. In 2012, the service provider made it compulsory for every person to get the attestation done by the service provider. So look for genuine apostille services in Kolkata for better results.
What are the charges that need to be paid to get the apostille stamp on the document?
The charges depend on several factors when it comes to the apostille. The first is fees that are paid to the authorities for the documentation. Along with that, the fees of the apostille services in Kolkata. Lastly, any extra services taken such as pick up and drop off of documents are also added to the total charges.
Where should I get Apostille in Kolkata ?
Is there any validity of an attested document?
Generally, an apostille document is valid for a period of 6 months. However, there are some countries that accept documents that are more than 6 months old. So contact an apostille service provider to know about the exact validity, as at first the documents will be examined and then only the exact validity can be known.
In how much time can a person get the documents attested from a genuine apostille services in Kolkata?
The document attestation has to get through lots of authorities. However, an expert service provider can get the document attested in four to seven days. But, in case of any uncertainty the time might increase or decrease. So an apostille services in Kolkata can guide better about the time frame for attestation.
What are the points that are to be considered before finalizing apostille services in Kolkata?
There are many points that one should think about before finalizing apostille services in Kolkata. Let’s have a look:
- The service provider must have a good knowledge of the apostille as there are many authorities involved.
- Along with that, the service provider should keep documents safe as these are original certificates.
- Lastly, make sure the documents get attested timely. More time for attestation may increase the processing of visas if a person is going abroad.
Marriage Certificate Apostille Attestation in kolkata | Single Status Certificate Apostille Attestation in kolkata | Birth Certificate Apostille Attestation in kolkata | Degree Certificate Apostille Attestation in kolkata | PCC Apostille Attestation in kolkata | Power of attorney Apostille Attestation in kolkata (POA)| Driving License Apostille Attestation in kolkata | Death Certificate Apostille Attestation in kolkata | Medical Certificate Apostille Attestation in kolkata |
Register for Online MEA Apostille
Provide applicant details
Frequently asked questions
Apostille Attestation is Legalization of your documents from Ministry of External Affairs in India. Apostille can be given for the documents issued in India by any authority or issued by any Indian authorities outside the country like Embassy / Consulate. Apostille from MEA can be used in any particular country apart from India.
Check out this article more details on what is apostille .
Apostille and Attestation are similar words. But Apostille will be given from the Ministry of External Affairs in India. Attestation has a broader meaning. Attestation from MEA is called Apostille. Attestation can be given by State Government or Embassy.
For Educational documents attestation from state government is called HRD attestation.
For Non Educational documents such as Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Affidavits state attestation is called home department attestation.
Attestation for any documents from Indian Embassy is called Embassy Attestation.
Read here for further details on how to get apostille.