Global Korea Scholarship - GKS
Global Korea Scholarship in Short GKS is aimed to provide scholarship for international students outside Korea to pursue their higher education in Korea, This will enhance the International relations cultural exchange and provide quality education for the Students seeking to graduate in South Korea.
GKS Full form is Global Korean Scholarship, Where Students who are not related to South Korea will be awareded the scholarship on the Merit basis Only.
This Scholarship is awarded for different Levels, Namely
- Research Scholars
National Institute of international Education( NIIED ) has announce this scholarship for International Students in partnership with Government of Korea.
Go to Apostille Process Directly
The Basic qualifications to apply for this scholarship :
- The students who are applying should not be Korean citizen.
- The parents of the students should not be a Korean citizens.
- Students who are applying for graduate program should be below 25 years of age.
- Students who are applying for postgraduate program should be below 40 years of age.
- Student should finish all their previous formal education properly.
- Student should score minimum of 80% GPA in the previous education.
Documents required for gks scholarship
Below are the list of documents needed for GKS Scholarship for Post Graduation
1) Under Graduation Degree
2) Under Graduation Transcript
3) Birth Certificate
4) Father’s Nationality Governament ID
5) Mother’s Nationality Governament ID.
All the above mentioned documents must be apostille.
Procedure to apply for GKS Scholarship
There are 2 ways you can apply for the scholarship
- Through Embassy Track
- Through University Track
Through Embassy Track
If you apply through Embassy you can apply for scholarship to 3 universities which provide the courses that you care interested in.
Documents required for Scholarship application
To apply for GKS Scholarship the applicants should submit the following documents given in checklist
Please check which forms you need to submit for your category using the checklist below
For embassy Track you need to submit these documents with Apostille
Totally for embassy track you need 4 sets of documents
1 set apostilled documents ( Apply Here For Apostille )
3 sets of Photocopies of all the apostilled documents.
Each set should contain following documents
- Educational Documents – Apostilled Degree and Transcript or Consolidated Mark sheet
- Age – Apostilled Birth certificate / Passport duly apostilled
- Parents Citizenship document – Family Registar /Passport Apostille / Voter Card / Aadhar card each parent duly apostilled
- These 5 documents are mandatory for applying for GKS Scholarship.
Instructions for filling the form for GKS Scholarship
All the documentations should be either in Korean or in English, other languages are not accepted.
Applicant’s English name MUST match the name on their passport.
Letter of recommendation should be from 2 different recommenders, Who assess your academic performance thoroughly, The recommendation letters must be sealed in an envelope and be submitted to the Embassy or University that conducts the first round of selection.