How to get an apostille Document
Apostille is essential for anyone travelling outside the country, Depending on the type of VISA you are travelling, you need to get certain documents apostille. Refer to embassy website to see which document need apostille.
How to get an apostille Document
There are many times when an individual has to get a foreign visa. At that time, it is essential to get the documents apostilled. So, if you are planning to settle abroad, or study in another country. Then let’s discuss what apostille means and why an individual should invest in an apostille document.
Apostille is a procedure that is done to legalize a document to use in a foreign country. This is essential for all the countries that are a part of the Hague Nation. In India, the Ministry of External Affairs does the apostille document. MEA will place an apostille stamp on the backside of the document. This stamp helps the foreign country to know that all the presented details are correct and genuine.
Go to Apostille Process Directly
The reasons why an individual should invest in an apostille document:
- It makes the verification process faster.
- Important for all the Hague Nations.
- If an individual is planning to get a visa from a foreign country.
- To legalize a simple certificate.
- A person does not require an embassy attestation.
- It helps the foreign country to know that the document is legal and the information provided is true.
Which are the documents that need apostille?
Many documents are apostille depending on the person requirements, the list is as follows:
- Education Documents:
- Degree Certificate
- School Reports
- SSC Certificate
- Diploma Certificate
- Commercial Certificate
- Export Invoice
- Trade Register
- Certificates of civil status
- Notarised copies of certificates
- Power of Attorney
What are the documents that a person should have with them to get an apostille stamp?
Some important documents are needed to get an apostille stamp. The document is as follows:
- The document includes a degree certificate, marriage certificate, police clearance certificate, single status certificate, or it can be any educational, personal, or commercial document.
Note: The document that is to be apostilled only that is needed. An original certificate is required.
- A photocopy of the Aadhar Card
- A Licence photocopy
- A photocopy of the passport
Note: Both front and last page photocopy of the passport is needed.
How can an individual get an apostille document in India for a different visa?
The apostille procedure is similar for all kinds of visas. The apostille process does not vary with the type of visa. There are a total of four steps to get an apostille document in India. Let’s discuss the steps in detail:
- Notary Attestation: This is the step where all the documents(major and supporting) are presented to the notary. All the provided information is checked carefully by the notary. After verification of all details, the notary places a signature and stamp. This certifies that all the provided details are accurate.
- SDM/State Attestation: In this step, the documents are shown to any one of the authorities. The same process is followed by both authorities. Here all the provided information will be confirmed. When the information is confirmed the notary will place a stamp.
Although, there is a major difference in the attestation procedure of documents. The time that is taken for the attestation of documents by the SDM is three to five days. On the other side, state attestation takes much more time to complete the entire procedure. In total three to four weeks are taken for the state attestation. It is better to select SDM attestation as it is a less time-consuming attestation process.
- Ministry of External Affairs: This is the final step of attestation for all the countries that are a part of the Hague Nation. Here the MEA will check all the details. When every detail is scrutinized by the authority. Then, the authority will place a stamp and signature on the document. This stamp has a unique number on it that assists the foreign country to find that all the provided information is right.
- Embassy Attestation: Here, the major and supporting documents along with the embassy fee are submitted. The fees are different for all countries. The embassy will examine the documents. After that, a stamp is placed on the document that certifies the details are thoroughly checked and are precise. This is the last step for the countries that are not a member of the Hague Convention.
What details are mentioned in an apostille document?
The details that are given in an apostilled document are presented below:
- Certificate No: A number(unique) is added
- Certificate issued Date: 00/00/0000 date and time are added
- Account Reference: ALPHA CODE
- Unique Doc. Reference: ALPHANUMERIC
- Purchased by: NAME
- Description of Document: ARTICLE 4 AFFIDAVIT
- Description: AFFIDAVIT
- Consideration Price (Rs.): ZERO
- First Party: NAME OF PERSON
- Second Party: N/A
- Stamp Duty Paid By: NAME OF PERSON
- Stamp Duty Amount(Rs.): AMOUNT
What is the validity of an apostille document in India?
A document that has an apostille stamp on it is valid for six months. However, some countries accept an apostille document that is more than six months old. So, an apostille service provider can tell better about the validity of the document. As they will analyze the information and also the country where the documents are to be presented. So, register here to know more about the validity of an apostille document.
Is it possible for an individual to go to the authority themself for the attestation of documents?
An individual could get the attestation of documents done themself earlier. But this led to a massive rush at the authorities. So, after 2012, the authorities made it compulsory that only the apostille service provider can get the attestation done.
Can the apostille services get the apostille of a certificate done in 10 days?
An apostille service can complete the apostille of a certificate in 10 days. It is preferable to select an apostille service provider who has complete knowledge of the process. As all the documents that are to be submitted are original so make sure that they are kept safe. The procedure is generally completed in 7 to 10 days. But, in case of any uncertainty the time duration may increase.