How to get Apostille for Australia
Australia is a member of the Hague Nation and Apostille is enough to prove that the Document is Genuine
What is attestation, and does a person really need attestation of documents?
Attestation means certification. When a person wants to use a document in any foreign country then it is important that the document is attested. In India, there are several authorities that do the attestation of documents. The final attestation is done by the Ministry of External Affairs for the Hague Nations. As Australia is a part of the Hague Nation so there is no requirement for Embassy attestation.
Otherwise, there are countries for which Embassy attestation is also needed. A computer-generated stamp is placed on the backside of the document by MEA has a unique identification number. This number helps the foreign country to know that the information provided is faithful.
Why should a person get the attestation done before going to Australia?
There are many reasons that make it important for a person to get the attestation done before going to any other nation.
- A birth certificate apostille for Australia is essential for a person who has applied for a study visa or dependent visa for Australia.
- Any individual who is going to Australia for a dependent visa requires a PCC apostille for Austria.
- A marriage certificate apostille for Australia is needed to get a dependent visa.
- Single status certificate apostille for Australia is essential to register a marriage in the country.
- A degree certificate apostille for Australia is mandatory to apply for a study visa.
Go to Apostille Process Directly
What is the information that is written in an apostille document?
There is a piece of certain information that is written in an apostille document. The details that are provided are as follows:
- Certificate No: A unique number is added
- Certificate issued Date: 00/00/0000 date and time are added
- Account Reference: ALPHA CODE
- Unique Doc. Reference: ALPHANUMERIC
- Purchased by: NAME
- Description of Document: ARTICLE 4 AFFIDAVIT
- Description: AFFIDAVIT
- Consideration Price (Rs.): ZERO
- First Party: NAME OF PERSON
- Second Party: N/A
- Stamp Duty Paid By: NAME OF PERSON
- Stamp Duty Amount(Rs.): AMOUNT
What are the steps that a person has to follow for the educational apostille for Australia?
The steps that a person has to follow to get the educational apostille for Australia are
- Notary Attestation: This is the beginning of the attestation process. A stamp of blue or a red sticker is placed on the document by the notary after approval.
- HRD Attestation: The HRD is known for its educational documents. A stamp is placed on the document by the HRD after checking the educational documents.
- Ministry of External Affairs: The final attestation of documents is done by the Ministry of External Affairs. With this, the documents are considered legal and are ready to use in any country.
Explain the Steps that are to be performed for the personal document apostille for Australia.
For the personal document apostille for Australia, there are a total of three steps that are to be followed. The steps are mentioned below:
- Notary Attestation: This is the first step to begin the attestation procedure. Here the documents are shown to the notary. All the information in the documents is carefully analyzed. When the details are found accurate, the notary places a signature on the document.
- SDM/Home Attestation: This step is done after notary attestation. The documents that are to be attested are either sent to SDM or home for attestation. The SDM or Home will verify all the details that are provided to them. When all the information is verified, either authority will place a signature on the document.
- Ministry of External Affairs: Finally, the documents get attested by MEA. An apostille stamp is placed on the document that let the foreign country know that all the provided information is genuine and authentic.
What are the steps that are needed to be done for the Commercial Document Apostille Procedure for Australia?
There are two steps that a person does for the Commercial document apostille procedure for Australia. The steps are as follows:
- Chamber of Commerce: This is the initial step for the attestation of documents. This is a class of trade organization, the documents are checked here before preceding it to MEA.
- Ministry of External Affairs: Here, the documents and details are verified cautiously. After that, a stamp that is known as an apostille is placed on the backside of the document. This stamp implies that all the details provided are correct.
Is Australia a member of the Hague Convention?
There are in total 91 member countries in the Hague Convention. Australia is also one of them. So, for the apostille of documents for Australia there are 3 steps that are needed. Also, there is no requirement for an Embassy attestation unless the country has specified it.
Are there any extra steps that are to be performed for the nations that are not a member of the Hague Convention?
There is an extra step that a person has to perform for the nations that are not a member of the Hague Convention. The step is
- Embassy Attestation: In this step, the documents that are to be attested and also the supporting documents are submitted to the embassy. The documents and all the details written in them are carefully checked. When the authority is satisfied with the information, then the document is attested. This is the final step for the nations that are not a part of the Hague Nation.
Is PCC apostille for Australia can be done in 10 to 15 days?
Yes, an individual can get the PCC apostille for Austria done in 10 to 15 days. Although, if there is a rush at authorities then the time period might extend or also in case of any uncertainty. To know more, register here.
What is the validity of a birth certificate apostille for Australia?
The birth certificate apostille for Australia has a validity of 6 months in most cases. However, there are a few times when countries also accept documents that were apostilled more than six months back. An apostille provider will analyze the document and can tell better about the document’s validity. So, contact a trustworthy service provider to know about the accurate validity.