How to get Apostille for Portugal
Portugal is a member of the Hague Nation and Apostille is enough to prove that the Document is Genuine
Apostille is a way that is used to legalize a document. All the information is verified by the authorities at different levels. Apostille lets the foreign country know that the document is authentic and eases the entire procedure of visa. A square-shaped stamp is placed on the back of the document. There is a unique number that helps the foreign country to get the information. After the details are found valid the authorities sign and place a stamp on the document.
What are the major documents a person needs for the apostille for Portugal?
There are some major documents that a person should always have with themself for the apostille for Portugal. These are as follows:
- The original document is to be attested.
- Passport front and last page photocopy.
- License photocopy.
- Aadhar Card photocopy.
Start Apostille process for your documents by registering below
Step 1 - Provide applicant details
Why is it essential for an individual to have an apostille for Portugal?
There are many reasons that make an apostille for Portugal essential for a person. Some of them are:
- If a person is planning to go abroad and applies for a permanent resident visa, then it is important for a person to have a PCC apostille for Portugal.
- For a dependent visa.
- A single status certificate apostille is necessary to get the marriage registered in a foreign country.
What are the steps that are performed to get the apostille done?
There are a few essential steps that a person has to perform to get the apostille of documents done. The steps are explained below:
- Notary Attestation: The first step to begin the attestation process is to show documents to the notary. Once the notary finds that all the information that is written on the document is accurate. Then only the notary will attest to the document.
- State/SDM Attestation: After this, the documents are to be attested by SDM or State. At both authorities, the document will be submitted. All the provided details in the documents will be accessed. When all the provided information is found correct. Then the authorities will place a stamp and signature on the document.
Although, there is one difference in the attestation process of both authorities. The time that is taken by the SDM for attestation is three to five days. On the other side, at state attestation, the same process takes around three to four weeks. So, in short, when compared with the time it is better to choose SDM attestation unless the country has specified to get the state attestation done.
- Ministry of External Affairs: The third and last step for the countries that are a part of the Hague Convention is to get the documents attested from the MEA. Over here, all the information is read with utmost care and till the time all the details are not found true, the authorities will not sign and place stamps on the document. On the backside of the document, a stamp is placed by the Ministry of External Affairs when the document is found genuine. This stamp has a unique number that helps the foreign country to check the information online.
- Embassy Attestation: This is the step for the nations that are not a member of the Hague Convention. In this step, the document that is to be attested and also the fees that are specified by the embassy are submitted. The Embassy will check all the papers carefully. The embassy will finally sign the document and now it can be used in any country.
What are the details mentioned in an apostille certificate?
There are some important details that are mentioned in an apostille certificate. The details are:
- Certificate No: A unique number is added
- Certificate issued Date: 00/00/0000 date and time are added
- Account Reference: ALPHA CODE
- Unique Doc. Reference: ALPHANUMERIC
- Purchased by: NAME
- Description of Document: ARTICLE 4 AFFIDAVIT
- Description: AFFIDAVIT
- Consideration Price (Rs.): ZERO
- First Party: NAME OF PERSON
- Second Party: N/A
- Stamp Duty Paid By: NAME OF PERSON
- Stamp Duty Amount(Rs.): AMOUNT
Are the steps the same for both the nations that are a part of the Hague Convention and those that are not a member of the Hague Convention?
The steps are not the same for the nations that are a part of the Hague Convention and for the ones that are not a member of the Hague Convention. There are in total three steps for the Hague Nations that are:
- Notary Attestation
- SDM/State Attestation
- Ministry of External Affiars
Whereas, there is an additional step that is to be followed for the nations that are not a part of the Hague Nation. The step is as follows:
- Notary Attestation
- SDM/State Attestationn
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Embassy Attestation
Can a single status certificate apostille be used after six months of attestation?
Generally, a single status certificate apostille has a validity of 6 months. However, there are some countries that accept an apostille document that is more than 6 months or even a year old. So ask an apostille service provider as they will check the country and the document to tell the validity of the single status certificate apostille.
What are the expenses a person has to pay for the PCC apostille for Portugal?
The expenses an individual has to pay for the PCC apostille for Portugal depend on many factors. The first one is the number and type of documents. Moreover, it also varies from one country to another. In addition to this, the charges are paid by several authorities at the time of attestation. Lastly, the charges of the service provider also add to the total expenses. So, it is better to consult a service provider to know about the accurate charges for the PCC apostille for Portugal.
Can a person get a marriage certificate apostille in 10 days?
It is possible for a person to get a marriage certificate apostille in 10 to 15 days. However, in case of uncertainty, the time period might extend. Moreover, if there are more documents then the duration may increase. To know more about the time frame, register for Apostille here