Mea Apostille Procedure
An apostille is getting a document authenticated with a signature and seal from the higher authority. The stamp is needed when a person wants to present documents in another country that is a part of the Hague Convention. As India is also one of the members of this convention so it is mandatory here that it needs an apostille stamp if the certificates are to be used in some other foreign country. For that, you have to follow an MEA apostille procedure and need to hire an expert to get the apostille stamp on the documents.
MEA places a seal and stamp in India which indicates that the document is genuine and the information written in the document is accurate and authentic. The documents that might require an apostille stamp are listed below:
- Educational Documents: Degree certificate, diploma certificate, transcripts, school reports, SSC certificate, etc.
- Certificates of civil status: Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate, Birth Certificate, divorce certificate, single status certificate, etc.
- Commercial Certificate: Export Invoice, Registration, COO, Trade Register, FSC, etc.
- Notarised copies of certificates: Power of Attorney, Affidavit, etc
Start Apostille process for your documents by registering below
Step 1 - Provide applicant details
The simplified procedure for getting an apostille stamp on the documents.
There are three simple steps that an individual has to follow to finish the apostille attestation procedure. Let’s have a look:
- Notary Attestation: Here, the required documents are shown to the notary. When all the details that are provided are found accurate. Then the signature is placed by the notary on the certificate.
- State or SDM attestation: Further moving, a service provider can present the documents to any of the mentioned authorities. Firstly, the authority will verify the document and the provided details. When the information is found correct then the authority will place a stamp on the document.
- Ministry of External Affairs Attestation: This is the final step of the apostille attestation procedure. Here, the MEA makes sure that the documents are genuine and 100% correct. When the documents are found true then the certificates are attested with an apostille stamp. This stamp has a unique number that helps the foreign country to check the details online.
Note: Before 2012, any person can go for the MEA apostille procedure and can get the document attested. However, as many people visit the authorities so this increased the rush at authorities. After that, only the apostille service provider can get the documents attested by the authority. So to get the best translation and apostille services, contact us here