Apostille for Netherlands
Netherland is a country which comes under the Hague Nation List. So, Apostille will be enough to get legal status to your documents.
Netherlands or Holland may be small country but in its beauty and diversity, it is not at all small. It has wonderful and eye catching flower beds, canals of Amsterdam, huge cheese markets, windmills unlike any other country. It is also land of Opportunity in fields of Electronics, Software, Textiles and Deep sea Engineering.
There are lot of Imports and Exports in the above mentioned fields and this attracts people from all over the world to the Dutch land for employment, work related visit and to run a Business. So, if you are willing to work in Netherlands or to run a business then the Government of Netherlands will ask you to provide required original documents with Apostille on them to verify.
What happens if I submit the documents without Apostile stamp on them?
The documents without Apostille on them will be rejected straight away from the Government of Netherlands. Therefore, it is mandatory to get apostille on each and every certificate which you are planning to submit to the Government.
What is an Apostille?
An Apostille is simply a certification of Document issued by a legal or registered authority in a country. If a document is Apostilled it shows that the document is verified and it is legal to use in the country to which it is Apostilled. For each country there is a different Apostille.
Who has authority to Apostille the documents?
In every country, there is a Government arm which is called as MEA(Ministry of External Affairs) and it has the authority to put Apostille stamp on all the documents which are work related, academic related and family related.
If you are an Indian who is planning to move to Netherlands then make sure that you got all the required documents Apostilled. Because once you are in Netherlands and then if you need an Apostille, you need to send the document back to India through a courier service which will be very costly and you will not be able to produce the document on time to the Government.
Register to get Apostille for Netherlands
THE DOCUMENTS THAT NEEDS TO BE APOSTILLED FOR DIFFERENT VISA ARE LISTED BELOW
- Travelling on work visa
If you are travelling to the Netherlands on work visa then you need to get the following documents Apostilled.
- Travelling on dependent visa
The following documents must be Apostilled when are moving to Netherlands on dependent visa.
For child, Birth Certificate is enough
- Travelling to Establish a business
For business or entrepreneurship in the Netherland, one must Apostille the following documents.
- Travelling to get married
To marry a person who is a Hollander then you need to get following documents Apostilled.
- Single Status Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- PCC Certificate
- Decree Absolute/Divorce Decree (If you are a Divorcee)
- Death certificate of spouse/husband(if your life partner is dead)
The process for Appostille for Netherlands is a simple process.
Any document which is to be Apostilled should be notarized in the first place. Then the notarized document should be attested from either the State Home Department or Sub Divisional Magistrate(SDM).
Since the Netherlands falls under the Hague Nation List, SDM attestation is enough. But there is one more important point to consider. If the documents are from Punjab/Haryana/Goa/Uttar Pradesh then we should get the Attestation from the State Home Department only.
Finally the document will go to the MEA department to get an Apostille stamp on it. After legalization, you can use your document in the Kingdom of the Netherland.
know more about the Apostille process
Validity of a Apostille
According to the rules of MEA, validity of any Apostille is only for six months. Once the Apostile is older than six months then you should get new Apostille from MEA.
What if the Government of Netherlands asks Apostille in Dutch language?
All the Documents should be translated to Dutch language and the Appostille seal also needs to be translated to Dutch language and then submitted to the respective office in the Kingdom of Netherlands.
Know more about translation procedure
How do we help with Apostille for the Netherlands?
1. We check the correctness of the document and collect the passport copy and send it to MEA.
2. We specify the time of receiving the document and will deliver it on time.
3. By giving the document to us, you will avoid long queues to get MEA Apostille and get the documents delivered quickly. How quickly we deliver to you depends on the package you choose on our website.
4. We give tracking numbers to the document, so that you can track your document online at any given point of time.
Supporting documents needed to get Apostille from MEA
1. Passport scan copy is required for name verification to get any kind of original document Apostille.
2. To get a marriage certificate Apostille particularly, passport scan copies of both husband and wife are required.
3. If you are a NRI then you need OCI(Overseas Citizen Of India) card along with passport scan copy to get a document Apostilled.
Register to get Apostille
An Apostille contains following details in it: