What is apostille power of attorney
Power of attorney is authorizing someone to take decisions on behalf of you in your absance .
Power of Attorney is a legal document which gives the authority to a person to make legal decisions on properties (such as Flats, Land or any Proprietor group or organisation) in the absence of the person who actually own them.
In today’s world of business POA used in the Maximum Level in all business.
There are 4 types of power of attorney and first two are very important .
1. GENERAL POWER OF ATTORNEY
It is a type of POA and least considered by the principal because it sanctions full power to the legal advisor or legal firm for handling legal issues on behalf of the principal. In this type, there is a chance of misusing the power by the legal advisor.
2. LIMITED POWER OF ATTORNEY
It is a type of POA and greatly considered by the principal because it sanctions limited power to the legal advisor or legal firm for handling legal issues on behalf of the principal. In this type, there is no chance of misusing the power by the legal advisor. It is also known as the special power of attorney.
3. DURABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY
It is a type of POA which gives power to the legal advisor or legal firm for handling legal issues on behalf of the principal when he is mentally not well and not able to take any decision. For example, if a person suffering from Schezophreniac in the later stage of his life but wants his father to make a decision on his behalf then he can name his father to be his Durable Power of Attorney.
4. HEALTH CARE OR MEDICAL POWER OF ATTORNEY
It is a type of POA which gives power to the legal advisor to make decisions on the matter related to the principal’s medical treatment.
Why to get Apostille on the POA?
When you are running a business in many foreign countries, it is very hard for you to deal with legal issues alone. So, using power of attorney can save your time and travelling expenses. To give power of attorney to a legal advisor or to the legal firm, the foreign country will ask you to get the apostille on the POA. If the foreign country is not in the Hague nation list then in addition to the apostille on POA, you should get EMBASSY ATTESTATION as well.
There are cases where a company gets in trouble with the foreign government when the POWER OF ATTORNEY has no apostille on the POA.
Listed are the Advantages of the Power of attorney with Appostille.
POA as on today has become very important for all foreign business. Be it Spain in Europe or UAE in Gulf, to Gabon in Africa. The POA requires the Apostille for the purposes.
1) The POA which is Apostilled will be needed for MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING(MOU’s).
2) POA with the Apostille is required for the licensing of the company in the foreign country.
3) If a person is selling or buying property which is in foreign country (country is in the Hague list) and if he is not able to be present there then he needs to give the POA for the for legal advisor. Once he gives his authority to someone, he needs to prepare the POA and then Apostille it. If the country is not in the Hague Nation List then apostilled POA should be legalized by the EMBASSY CONSULATE.
Procedure to get power of attorney
POA (Power of attorney) needs to be signed by the applicant in front of Consular officer and needs to be witnessed by 2 individuals with their name and address and valid passport. (passport details in full)
The witness needs to sign in front of the consular officer and witnesses should not be a part of the POA. The persons who are witnessing should produce all the original documents which are mentioned above and should handover the self attested copies of them.
If the Applicant has any cases pending in courts of the country, for the POA he needs to provide a copy of Court cases for review to the Consular officer.
Register here to get POA Apostille
A sample of POA is here
How do we help you with Power of attorney Apostille?
- We check the correctness of document and collect the passport copy and send it to MEA.
- We specify the time of receiving the document and will deliver it on time.
- By giving the document to us, you will avoid long queues to get MEA Apostille and get the documents delivered quickly. How quickly we deliver to you depends on the package you choose on our website.
- We give tracking numbers to the document, so that you can track your Document online at any point of time.
Time saving and effective service has been our motto.
Read other articles too!!
Following are the details a single certificate Apostille contains: