Single certificate apostille
In order to marry any foreigner you must obtain a singlehood / SIngle certificate apostille
If you are Single then what proof do you have to prove your Singlehood?
Do you know this is a frequently asked query for Visa and majorly of marriage-related processes?
Today, the term Singlehood has its own importance when go abroad specifically to marry a foreigner. That time you must be asked for providing the SINGLEHOOD or Single Status certificate. It will be applied by countries such as Europe, US and South American country.
The necessary documents for Indians to get this SINGLEHOOD or Single Status certificate-?
Here, we have listed out the documents needed:
- First, you need to submit an Affidavit. (A single status affidavitstates that you are free to marry).
Affidavit: what is it, and how is it used?
An affidavit is a written statement which confirmed by taking an oath or affirmation.Single certificate affidavit is a declaration kind of affidavit where you declare your details such as your merritorial status , Date of Birth and passport details.
An affidavit is used along with witness statements to prove the truthfulness of a specific statement or Document in court.
any one of the documents mentioned below is required as supporting documents required for single status affidavit is
- Passport photocopy
- Adhar card
A sample of Affidavit is here
The Method or Process of Getting the Single Status Certificate for Indian:
We have listed out the process step by step for your convenience:
- The affidavit can be drawn up by a notary, and then the Affidavit declaring your single status needs to get stamped from Sub-district magistrate or District magistrate or Court.
- The Affidavit needs to be attested by the Home department. The Affidavit needs to be Apostilled Ministry of External Affairs or branch office, necessary as a proof of bachelorhood.
- The Single Status certificate has many different names such as Declaration of Non-Impediment to Marry, Statutory Declaration of Single Status, and Affidavit of Intended Marriage.
Remember that these documents can be used as proof of Single Status.
The use ages:
There are several ways where a single certificate is used:
- In the case of divorce cases, the for-SINGLEHOOD (He /she) needs to provide the details of all the legal Docs such as Decree Absolute that is the court orders.
- All the relevant documents in the case of the court proceeding need to be furnished.
- The process for widowed: Where (He/She) also requires a Single Certificate. The Death Certificate of the previous spouse (and Marriage Certificate) has to be processed with Affidavit, through the MEA and the documents have to be Apostilled and then submitted to Embassy
- Singlehood is majorly used in South America, US, Africa and Russia. This for used for marriage purposes and many times of Living Relationship Still in India it not followed as much in other countries.
For State and SDM Verification (Single Certificate)
The state Attestation for Single Certificate takes a long time process as the state Authentication has to validate, and then it goes to the MEA department for Apostille.
The SDM Verification is done faster as once the process of Magistrate Signature is done the details are sent to MEA for Apostille.
The validity of the Apostilled documents will be carried for six months as per the apostilled rules by the MEA.
Here is the the short explanation from MEA Website
Following are the details a single certificate Apostille contains: