Apostille Services in Pondicherry
Pondicherry is a union territory, any one who is travelling outside the country needs to get their documents apostille by MEA India. Apostille service in pondicherry will provide you the Apostille.
Define attestation and apostille service in Puducherry
Attestation is legalizing a document so that it can be used in other countries. The document contains important information regarding the individual. When the document is signed and stamped by the authorities then it is regarded as legal. In India, there are four authorities that do the attestation process. The authorities are the Notary, State/SDM, Ministry of External Affairs, and Embassy.
The document is attested by the above-mentioned authorities. However, to get the attestation done, an individual cannot go themself. For that, it is important to hire an apostille service in Puducherry. Earlier it was allowed to go and get the attestation done themself but due to the heavy rush at the authorities, it is essential to hire an apostille service in Pondicherry from 2012
Go to Apostille Process Directly
Why should an individual get the document attestation in Pondicherry?
There are many reasons that make it necessary for an individual to get the document attestation in Pondicherry. So, let’s see all the reasons:
- It is vital for members of the Hague Convention to get the apostille of the documents.
- It helps to get a visa for foreign countries.
- It lets the foreign country know that the information provided is accurate and genuine.
- It assists in the legalization of documents.
- It saves time.
What are the documents that are required to get the attestation of documents for different visas?
The documents that are must have to get the attestation of documents for different visas are elaborated below:
- The applicant should have a birth certificate, marriage certificate, degree certificate, single status certificate, PCC, or any personal document, educational document, or commercial document that needs attestation. Make sure that the document is original.
- Passport front and last photocopy
- License photocopy
- Aadhar card photocopy
Briefly explain the steps that are followed to get the attestation of documents in Puducherry.
The steps that an individual has to follow to get attestation of documents in Puducherry involve four authorities. The countries that are a member of the Hague Nations has to perform only the first three steps. Let’s see the complete process in detail:
- Notary Attestation: Getting the attestation done from a notary is the start of the attestation procedure. All the necessary details are provided to the notary. When the notary has verified all the given information than a stamp and signature are placed on the document by them.
- State/SDM Attestation: This is the second step of the apostille procedure. Here a person has two options for the attestation of documents. These are state attestation and Sub Divisional magistrate attestation. A similar process is followed by each of the authorities. All the submitted documents will be cautiously examined by the authorities. When all the details are found correct and the document is genuine, then the authority will place a signature on the document
- Ministry of External Affairs: Being the last step of the attestation procedure for all the countries that are a member of the Hague Nations, makes it an important step. All supporting and major documents are submitted to the Ministry of External Affairs for verification. When the MEA feels that the information is true and reliable then, an apostille stamp is placed on the document by the authority.
- Embassy Attestation: This step is performed by the nations that are not a part of the Hague Convention. Moreover, if any country has specified embassy attestation then, also it is important to get it. For this, the documents are shown to the embassy for a stamp. In addition to this, a particular fee is also deposited along with the document. Then the embassy will analyze all the provided details. When the Embassy founds that the information is accurate, then stamping of documents will be done.
What is the validity of a document that is attested in Pondicherry?
The validity of a document that is attested in Pondicherry is six months. However, there are some countries that may accept a certificate that was attested before a year. So, make sure to show your document to the apostille service provider. As they will inspect the documents and will also check the country where the documents are to be presented. So, register here to know more.
In what time frame can a person get the documents attestation?
Generally, an individual can get the document attested in 10 to 15 days only. But if there is any uncertainty, then the time frame of attestation may escalate. So, make sure to select a trustworthy apostille service provider who has complete knowledge of the entire apostille procedure.
What are the charges that a person has to pay to get the attestation of documents done?
There are several charges that a person needs to pay to get the attestation of documents. The charges depend on the type and number of documents. It also varies with the charges that are taken at each level of authority for the attestation.
In addition to this, the fees of the apostille service provider are also added to the charges. Moreover, the charges increase for any additional service like pick and drop. So, contact an apostille service provider to know about the exact charges.
Which countries are members of the Hague Convention?
The countries that are a member of the Hague Convention is as follows:
Australia | Azerbaijan | Austria | Argentina | Belarus | Bulgaria | Brazil | Costa Rica | Canada | Czech | Cyprus | Chile | Denmark | Estonia | Ecuador | France | Finland | Georgia | Germany | Greece | Hungary | Latvia | Lithuania | Luxembourg | Italy | India | Iceland | Ireland | Japan | Jordan | Kazakhstan | Korea | Moldova | Morocco | Malta |Mexico | Mauritius | Netherlands | New Zealand | Norway | Peru | Paraguay | Portugal | Panama | Philippines | Poland | Paraguay | Russia | Sweden | Singapore | South Africa | Switzerland | Ukraine | Spain | Ukraine | USA| UK| Vietnam
What are the points that should be taken care of while selecting an attestation service in Pondicherry?
The points that should be taken care of while selecting an attestation service in Pondicherry are as follows:
- The service provider should be professional as the documents are presented to MEA.
- As all the documents are original so utmost care documents are needed. Ensure that the provider is reliable.
- To get the procedure done timely the service provider should have complete knowledge of the procedure.