How to get Embassy Attestation In India
Embassy Attestation is essential for all the travellers who are travelling to non Hague nation. After getting MEA attestation for the document the documents will be sent to Embassy for Embassy attestation.
Define Embassy Attestation
Embassy attestation is an important step that is done if any individual who is planning to go abroad. It is important to get documents attested by the Embassy of the traveling country if the documents are to be provided in the foreign country. So, if the person is traveling to the UAE then it is important to get UAE Embassy attestation in India.
Go to Apostille Process Directly
To get an Embassy attestation, there is a need for attestation from other authorities also. The documents are attested by a Notary, State/SDM, and Ministry of External Affairs before presenting them for Embassy attestation. However, the process is not the same for the countries that are a member of the Hague Convention.
A stamp is received on the document by the Embassy that tells the other country that the document is verified and legal. After the stamp, the document can be used in foreign countries for business or personal purposes. The same procedure is followed for the UAE embassy attestation, Qatar embassy attestation, Philippine embassy attestation, and other countries that are not a member of the Hague Convention
Why should a person get Embassy Attestation done?
There are several reasons that make Embassy Attestation important. Some of them are mentioned below:
- As per the foreign countries’ guidelines, it is important to get the documents examined and stamped by the Embassy.
- The stamp that is placed on the document by the Embassy let the other countries know that the document is genuine and accurate.
- After the Embassy attestation, there is no need for any other certification.
- It helps in legalizing the stay of a person in another country.
The procedure that is followed to get Embassy Attestation
There are three categories of documents such as personal, educational, and commercial. There are four steps that are followed to get the Embassy attestation. So, let’s understand all the steps carefully.
- Notary Attestation: This is the first step that is followed to get the attestation on the document. All the documents that are essential for attestation such as major and supporting that are mentioned below are shown to the notary. All the presented documents are carefully examined by the authority. A signature and stamp are placed on the document by the notary when all the provided details are found accurate and genuine.
- SDM/State Attestation: Moving ahead, the documents are further proceeded to the state or SDM for attestation. The procedure that is followed by both authorities is similar. All the documents are verified with the given information. When they are satisfied with the provided details then a signature is done on the document. This certifies that the document is legit and true.
If a person wants to get the attestation done fast at this stage then they should select SDM attestation. The state attestation takes approximately three to four weeks to get the attestation done. On the other hand, the same process of attestation is finished in just three to five days by the SDM. But, if the country where the person has to show the document has stated state attestation. Then do not consider the time frame and get the attestation done by the state only.
- Ministry of External Affairs: This is the last step for all the countries that are a member of the Hague Convention. All the documents are checked by the MEA, considering each and every minute detail. After analyzing the documents, an apostille stamp is put down on the backside of the document. .
Embassy Attestation: The last and most important step for the nations that are not a part of Hague Countries is getting documents attested by the Embassy. In this step, the documents and the Embassy fees are submitted. The fees vary from one country to another. The Embassy will inspect all the information. Once the Embassy feels satisfied with all the details. A stamp and signature are placed on the document. With this, the attestation procedure is completed. Now, the document is ready to use in a foreign country.
1) For Educational Document( School Reports,Diploma, HSC,Degree, SSC Certificate, and other documents)
2) For Personal Certificate(Birth, Death, Marriage, PCC, etc)
3) For Commercial Document(Register, COO, Trade, Register, GMP, FSC, etc
Documents that are essential for Embassy attestation in India
There are some of the documents that an applicant should have with them to get the Embassy attestation in India. These are as follows:
- The document that the person wants to attest such as a birth certificate, degree certificate, PCC, single status certificate, marriage certificate, and any other certificate. An original copy of the document is required.
- A Photocopy of the passport’s front and last page
- A photocopy of the license
- Aadhar Card photocopy
Is the same procedure followed to get the UAE embassy attestation and the Qatar embassy attestation?
The procedure for all the countries that are not a member of the Hague Convention is similar. So, getting the UAE embassy attestation and Qatar embassy attestation is almost the same. There are four important authorities that are a part of the attestation process. To know more about the procedure and details register here.
For UAE you need to get UAE embassy attestation and for qatar you need to get Qatar embassy attestation.
How long does it take for an Embassy Attestation in India?
To get the Embassy Attestation in India, it takes around 7 to 10 days. However, in case of any certainty, it might increase for all kinds of documents. So, look for an apostille service that is genuine and has complete knowledge about the Embassy Attestation procedure to avoid any delay.
Charges that incur to get an Embassy Attestation for a degree certificate
The charges that an individual has to pay to get the Embassy attestation for a degree certificate differs with the number of documents and also vary from one state to another. It also depends on the amount that is taken by each of the authorities. Moreover, the fees that are taken by the apostille service provider are added up.
Also if any pick-and-drop service is taken then it is also summed up in the total charges. So, contact an apostille service provider to know the exact charges. Make sure that the service provider is reliable as all the documents that are to be presented are original.